THE MOST COMMON AUTO ACCIDENT INJURIES:
Statistics from the National Safety Council show that there’s at least 27,000 car crashes per year, which leave millions of drivers and passengers injured or disabled.
These are the most common injures from a car accident:
- Traumatic Brian Injuries:
- This is the most common injury to come from an auto accident and most devastating. This is when the head suffers a violent hit and can involve bruising, bleeding or swelling of the brain.
- Neck Injuries:
- This can be caused by whiplash and neck strain to more serious issues, i.e. cervical dislocation and disk injury.
- Spinal Cord Injuries:
- This involves displaced bone fragments, disc material or ligaments bruising ot tearing into spinal cord tissue. These types of injuries can cause permanent loss of feeling and certain body functions.
- Lower Back Injuries:
- Lower back injuries can cause chronic pain and limited mobility. These injuries include sprains, strains, herniated discs and fractured vertebrae.
- Chest injuries:
- This has been greatly reduced because of the standard placement of airbags in dashboards and steering wheel but chest injuries still remain common. Which include broken ribs, sternum (breast bone) and punctured lungs.
- Diaphragm rupture:
- A diaphragm rupture means that there is a tear of the muscle across the bottom of the rib cage. This happens because of blunt or penetrating trauma to the lower chest. This can interfere with your breathing and cut off blood supply to organs.
- Facial injuries:
- Facial injuries can be caused by impact with the steering wheel, dashboard, airbag, windshield, side window, car seats or shattered glass. This can vary from minor scratches to deeper lacerations to the jaw, and eye injuries.
- Internal injuries:
- All of your organs are at risk of serious damage in a car accident, and some life-threatening.
- Psychological injuries:
- Not all injures are physical and can be seen. These injuries can include emotional distress, anxiety, depression and post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Which can have long-term effects on every part of your life.
It’s horrible to know that human error accounts for at least 90% of these accidents that are preventable. If you get hurt in an auto accident seek medical attention. Then call my office so you can speak to an auto accident expert so you can get the financial compensation you deserve.
Contact The Reyes Firm at 813-421-3411
We are here for you 24/7 and have the experience to protect your interests and get you the recovery you deserve. Call us today – and above all be safe on the roads!