A car wreck lawsuit is considered a personal injury case. The state may limit the time you have to file your claim. Therefore, it is best to find an attorney as soon as possible after your car wreck lawsuit to recover your losses and injuries.
According to the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicle FLHSMV, there are an average of 1,100 car accidents every day in Florida. Approximately, 256,000 of those car wreck accidents, including hit and run results in injuries. These types of injuries are incapacitating in nature and require immediate in-depth care.
Most common injuries in car wreck lawsuit
- Broken bones.
- Crush injuries.
- Cuts and lacerations.
- Dislocated joints and/or deranged joints.
- Facial injuries, eye injuries, dental injuries, and scarring.
- Internal injuries, including bruised, damaged, and/or lacerated organs.
- Muscle strain and/or sprain.
- Spinal cord injuries, such as full or partial paralysis
- Torn ligaments.
- Traumatic brain injury (TB).
- Whiplash and nerve injuries.
- Wrongful death.
Contacting a skilled and experienced attorney will provide you with all the possible ways to maximize your settlement for the car wreck.
Things to do after a car wreck accident
Although a car accident will leave you feeling terrified and disoriented. It’s important to take immediate action after the crash to recover the losses and injuries. For instance,
- Report the accident as soon as possible by calling 911.
- Wait for the police to arrive and get a copy of the police report to file your claim.
- Doesn’t matter whether you have minor injuries or serious, take immediate medical attention to recover the expenses and strengthen your case.
- Gather all the documents, including your medical bills, photos, and videos of the accident and the injuries.
- Start your hunt for the best lawyers to file your car wreck lawsuit in Florida.
Things to avoid after a car wreck accident
- Do not confess your fault or any type of wrongdoing. In addition, try not to apologize since as in such cases, this will be understood as an admission of guilt.
- It’s better not to give any statements to any insurance companies, including their representatives before consulting with an experienced firm. They will provide you with detailed information and proven strategies to win your car wreck lawsuit in 2022.
- Avoid guessing or assuming facts while giving detailed information to your police officer to report your case.
- Try not to delay your medical treatment as it will increase the risk of your injuries. Moreover, avoiding immediate medical treatment will also decrease your chances to make a stronger claim to get compensation for your injuries in a car accident claim.
- Do not accept any car accident settlement amount or any type of settlement agreement without consulting with a skilled and experienced lawyer.
Top reasons to choose experienced car wreck lawyers
If you have suffered an injury caused by a car wreck, consulting a skilled and experienced lawyer before filing your hit and run car wreck compensation claim is your best decision. Here are the top reasons to fire a skilled and experienced lawyer.
- Handle the insurance company for you: The goal of some insurance firms is to make money. Their insurance adjusters are trained to negotiate the insurance settlement. They can do everything in their power to reduce what they pay, even to the point of denying a valid lawsuit claim. Therefore, if you don’t have experience in negotiating with insurance companies, it will become hard to ensure your best interests. Additionally, it will also become difficult for you to recover the compensation you deserve from the car wreck claim.
When you hire the top car wreck lawyer in Florida to represent your case, they will:
- Handle all the particulars of your car wreck lawsuit.
- Help you to prepare a written or verbal statement to make a stronger claim.
- Negotiate with your insurance adjuster.
- Represent your best interest and fight to obtain the compensation you deserve.
- Determine the true value of your injuries: To ensure you receive the maximum compensation that accurately reflects the value of your claim and the damages you have sustained is another challenging aspect of most car wreck lawsuits. The foremost aim of insurance companies is to pay as little as possible for your claim since they are excellent at persuading accident victims to accept lowball settlement offers.
However, the top attorneys are aware of the true value of your claim and will reject any settlement offer that does not fully compensate you for your losses. These lawyers will do everything possible to help you get compensated for all of your losses, past and potential future ones. It includes:
- Lost wages.
- Future lost income.
- Past and future medical expenses.
- Pain and suffering.
- Proving liability for your injuries: Proving that a car wreck caused injuries is one of the trickiest aspects of a car wreck claim. However, it’s the most crucial component of any vehicle accident claim as those who have been injured by the car wreck are entitled to compensation.
As the top lawyers have experience in handling complex personal injury and hit-and-run car accident cases, they will obtain the evidence required to build a case on your behalf. For instance,
- Consult the medical expert to validate the seriousness of your injuries from a car wreck.
- Gather your medical records from all the doctors you have consulted.
- Interview the witnesses.
- Obtain the report of the accident.
- Reconstruct the accident scene.
- Negotiate a fair settlement: The insurance adjusters spend all their time negotiating the insurance settlement. Furthermore, they are skilled in negotiating and strongly fight for their best interest. Therefore, before you enter into a negotiation with an insurance adjuster, look for a trusted car accident lawyer who can help you get the maximum settlement for your car wreck lawsuit payout.
- File a personal injury lawsuit: By analyzing your case, they will advise you of all the legal options you have to recover your losses. For instance, if the insurance company is not willing to provide you with a reasonable settlement amount, the lawyers will help you obtain the compensation you deserve. By consulting with such lawyers, you will not settle for anything less while filing a car wreck lawsuit in 2022.
The Reyes Firm
Filing a car wreck lawsuit for your car accident lawsuit is not a simple task. It requires skills and experience to make a stronger claim. The Reyes Firm is familiar with all the tactics and knows what it takes to prevent the risk of getting unfair settlement offers.
We will also help you get access to the highly skilled and experienced car wreck lawyer in Florida to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. They will explain to you the latest laws and regulations that apply to your claim. Call us at (833)422-3329 to get a free case evaluation today.
If you have a defective vehicle and want to know more about your rights and legal options, contact a qualified motor auto defect lawyer, such as Ethen Ostroff Law at 610-871-8136 for legal assistance.