How Much Compensation Can I Get from Uber Accident Lawsuit 2022
Injured in an Uber accident? You might be wondering how long your Uber accident lawsuit will take. Well. The timeframe of any ridesharing lawsuit is tough to anticipate as there are so many things that influence it. However, in most cases, Uber accident lawsuit claims go through the same identifiable stages as other personal injury claims.
In this Uber accident lawsuit guide, you will get detailed answers to questions such as:
- 15 common causes of the uber accident
- Types of injuries suffered by uber accident
- Florida rideshare rules and regulations
- 5 types of compensation to victims in Uber accident lawsuits
- If you were not wearing a seatbelt, does it affect your settlement amount?
- Uber accident compensation to drivers
- Uber accident compensation to passengers
- Why Choose The Reyes Firm?
15 Common causes of Uber accidents
- Drunk driving.
- Running LED lights.
- Improper merging.
- Vehicle maintenance.
- Using a phone while driving.
- Lane violations.
- Parking lot crashes.
- Wrong-way driving.
- Right of way violations.
- Running stop signs.
- Stopping on the road.
- Running LED lights.
If you or your loved ones also experienced an Uber accident, filing an Uber accident settlement claim is your best decision to recover all your damages and injuries legally.
Types of injuries from Uber accidents
- Brain injuries.
- Bone damage.
- Muscle injuries.
- Internal injuries.
- Neck and spinal cord injuries.
Florida rideshare rules and regulations
- All ride sharing businesses, including Uber, are subject to House Bill 221 – popularly known as the ‘Uber/Lyft’ bill.
- The section of this bill explains the insurance requirements for Uber drivers who are actively carrying a passenger or passengers are the most important. It is critical to identify whether an Uber driver was utilizing their vehicle for commercial or personal purposes.
- Uber offers company-wide insurance coverage. It is, however, a condition that all of their drivers have personal auto insurance plans.
- A driver who is underinsured and just has the ridesharing company’s company-wide insurance is nonetheless breaching the law.
- Nevertheless, you should also note that if an Uber driver isn’t transporting a passenger via the Uber app, they aren’t covered by Uber’s company-wide insurance policy at the time.
5 types of compensation to victims in Uber accident lawsuits
When you file an Uber accident compensation claim for an Uber accident, your compensation will be divided into numerous categories. It includes:
- Property damages: Uber accident lawsuit provides compensation for personal property and valuables damaged at the time of the accident.
- Medical bills: It covers the outrageous cost of medical care you receive due to your injuries. To get the maximum settlement amount, you need to provide a copy of all your medical bills or a full receipt.
- Loss of income: The victims have to spend time off from their work to recover from their injuries. These damages will cover your lost wages and use your correspondence with your employer as proof.
- Wrongful death: If you have lost a loved one or family member in an Uber accident, you may file a wrongful death claim under Florida Statute 768.21.
- Pain and suffering: These losses are determined by the length and severity of an accident victim’s rehabilitation procedure. They also take into account the life-altering consequences of an accident. In the following part, we will go through how they are calculated in further depth.
If you were not wearing a seatbelt, does it affect your settlement amount?
Usually, it depends on the state where the accident happened. Some states don’t decrease the injury case value for the claimant’s failure to use a seatbelt. However, other states, such as Florida allow an insurance company to decrease your payout if you were not wearing a seatbelt. For states like Florida, the very first question to ask is, whether the occupant was wearing a seat belt or not. Consequently, if the answer is no, then you must ask whether there was an operational and available seat belt in the car. This is where the need for a skilled and experienced Uber accident lawyer in Florida arises. The knowledgeable lawyer won’t only help you share the Uber accident lawsuit 2022 updates but will also provide you with proven strategies to help you win your claim.
Uber accident compensation to drivers
If you are an Uber driver, the insurance company used by Uber will only cover automobile damage if you have collision coverage on your insurance policy. Furthermore, Uber only covers your injury claim if the other car was at fault and was either uninsured or underinsured. However, if you were using the app and waiting for a passenger, you will get compensation from Uber’s Personal Injury Protection insurance for up to $10,000 regardless of who was at fault, as outlined in Florida Statute 627.736. (Source)
Uber accident compensation to passengers
If there is no other at-fault driver who is obligated to pay first, Uber will pay the passenger’s claim. This means that before filing a claim against Uber, you must first file a claim with the driver of the car at fault. Accident claims are restricted to $250,000 if the other driver is judged to be entirely at fault. However, if the Uber driver was at fault for the collision, the passenger may be able to access Uber’s $1 million insurance limit in certain circumstances.
Nevertheless, it is difficult to achieve the $1 million insurance limit if the Uber driver is either en route to pick up or transporting a passenger. This is still possible if you sustain a severe injury, such as brain damage or one that requires multiple procedures. Furthermore, fatalities will nearly reach the $1 million insurance limit set by Uber. One of the best ways to know how much your Uber accident settlement amount in 2022 could be worth is to get in touch with the lawyers. Once you provide all the details to your Uber accident lawyer, you will be able to increase your chances to win the maximum settlement amount.
Don’t wait! Contact The Reyes Firm today
Every Uber accident case is different. Because of the complex legal nature of ridesharing, estimating a general settlement figure is impossible until the circumstances of the case have been addressed by an experienced Uber accident attorney. Therefore, if you have been harmed in an accident involving either of these firms, contact a lawyer immediately to ensure you understand all of your options. By analyzing your case, The Reyes Firm will provide you with the best-proven strategies to ensure you get maximum compensation for your Uber accident lawsuit in Florida. Call us at (833)422-3329 to clear all your queries regarding your Uber accident lawsuit.