Car Accident Lawyers in Riverview, Florida
The Reyes Firm is a car accident law firm in Riverview, Florida that works with individuals who have been injured in crashes. According to the Centers for Disease Control car accident deaths cost Florida residents an estimated $40 million in medical costs and $3.12 billion in lost work costs in a given year. These numbers only account for car accident deaths and don’t even begin to figure the medical costs, rehabilitation costs, and other expenses faced by victims and families who survive their car accident injuries. If you or someone you love was hurt in a car accident in Riverview, Florida, you may have many questions. You may wonder what your claim might be worth, may need assistance with your car insurance claim, and may have questions about the next steps you can take. The Reyes Firm is a car accident law firm in Riverview, Florida that may be able to help you with your claim.
What to do After a Riverview, Florida Car Accident
The minutes and hours after a car accident are crucial. Many types of injuries require immediate medical treatment. What are some steps you can take after a Riverview, Florida car accident to protect your rights? Here are a few things you can do:
- Get Medical Help. If you’ve been involved in a car accident, you are obligated under the law to seek medical attention if other people have been injured. If people have been hurt in the crash, seek help right away. Even if everyone appears okay, you may still want to call for help. Some injuries, like head injuries, may not always be apparent immediately after a crash.
- Make a Police Report. If you were involved in a minor car accident in Riverview, Florida you may be tempted to exchange contact information with the other driver and not report the accident to police. You are required by law to report any car accident to police where a person has been killed or injured. If damage to any vehicle or property appears to exceed $500, you are also required to report the accident to police. There are several important things to keep in mind if you think your accident is minor and doesn’t need to be reported to police. First, sometimes injuries may not always be apparent at the scene of the accident. Internal injuries, head injuries, and even post-traumatic stress disorder may not always be noticed at the accident scene. If it turns out someone was injured, you’ll wish you had a police report. Secondly, sometimes damage to a vehicle, like a fender bender, might appear to be an inexpensive repair, but body work can sometimes be costly. This is why it might always be a good idea to report the accident to police. If you need to make an insurance claim later, it will be helpful to have a police report. And if you need the assistance of a lawyer with your claim, having a police report can be incredibly helpful.
- Exchange contact information, take photos, and gather information at the accident scene. Some of the most crucial information you’ll get following a car accident is information from the scene of the crash. Get the name, phone number, and insurance information of the other driver. Take photos of the damage to your vehicle and, if possible, the position of both vehicles after the crash. If there were others who saw the accident take place, get their names and contact information.
- Let your insurance company know you were involved in a car accident.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The car accident lawyer at the Reyes Law Firm in Riverview, Florida may be able to assist you with various aspects of your car accident claim. If you have questions about what your claim might be worth, what steps you should take to seek a recovery after a car accident, or if you and the other driver are in dispute over who is at fault for the crash, reach out to the Reyes Law Firm today to learn more.
These are just some of the things you can do after a car accident to protect your rights and to keep you and others safe. Every car accident is unique. It is important to seek help and follow instructions of local authorities as well.
How a Car Accident Lawyer in Riverview, Florida Can Help You
A car accident lawyer in Riverview, Florida can help you with your car accident claim by negotiating with insurance adjusters, writing demand letters to negligent parties, and by taking your case to court, if needed. The Reyes Law Firm is a car accident law firm in Riverview, Florida that can review your case, help you understand your rights, help you understand your options under the law, and assist you with the next steps you can take. You may only have a limited amount of time to make a car accident claim. Reach out to the Reyes Law Firm, a car accident law firm in Riverview, Florida today.